Skip to main content

The Big 58

 I had my birthday recently! So, inspired by my husband, I decided to do a bunch of "58" things. I started off with 58 push-ups. I couldn't do that many in a row but I broke it up into sets of 10 over about 30 minutes. I also did it from my knees but maybe next year, I can do it from my toes.

My next activity was going to the temple and doing 5.8 temple ordinances. OK, it was actually 6. You can't exactly perform .8 temple ordinances but 6 seems like a good approximation.

I had lunch with Scott and then we hiked 5.8km up Dry Canyon. I wanted to do 5.8 miles but quickly realized that was not going to happen in the time we had. It was a warm afternoon and very sunny so we got pretty hot, but it was enjoyable. That meant I took 2 showers that day which I almost never do. In fact, I can't remember the last time that happened. It seems very inefficient and I'm all about efficiency.



It was cool to get this nice view of the Lindon temple.
When we got back, Scott worked on my birthday dinner while I finished practicing the organ 58 minutes. Here's an old picture of me playing the organ at church.

After a delicious dinner, I went to orchestra rehearsal and played about 5800 notes on my violin, give or take a thousand.
It was a good birthday! I received many kind birthday wishes and greetings and felt loved and appreciated. I have been greatly blessed in my 58 years of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visiting Susquehanna: The Priesthood Restoration Site

On our way home from Palmyra, we decided to go a couple of hours out of our way to visit the recently opened Priesthood Restoration Site along the Susquehanna River.  This is where we believe that Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery received the keys of the Aaronic Priesthood from John the Baptist which gave them the authority to baptize.  This site also has the restored Isaac and Elizabeth Hale home where Joseph and Emma lived for a year as well as the home where Joseph and Emma lived on their own. We spent a couple of hours there and I wouldn't have minded a few more minutes but we had a long way to go that night.  It's a beautiful setting, very much in rural Pennsylvania.  However, on the day we were there, cars at a racetrack nearby were detracting from the peace and quiet.  I'm guessing that's not as big of a problem on weekdays. The Hale Family was quite well-off for their day so their home was probably nicely decorated with wallpaper and carpet. ...

Hansen Family Reunion 2026, Wednesday and Thursday

 We had another Hansen Family Reunion at Bear Lake! In total, there were 93 of us there with 11 missing--our biggest yet! We enjoyed seeing everyone and catching up a little bit. Here are some pictures. My goal was to get a picture of everyone, so if you don't see a picture of yourself, keep scrolling. Also, more individuals coming on the post for Friday. Sorry for the weird angles on some of them. Michelle made dinner the first night, chicken and vegetables with Michelle's specialty--lots of sides and plenty of leftovers. After dinner and clean-up, we had a FHE lesson outside on the lawn with Melanie in charge of the lesson after a few raucous songs. The newest addition to the family, #103. On Thursday morning, Kent and Melanie chaired breakfast with eggs and sausage and plenty for everyone. The cook with his breakfast sandwich: After breakfast, some of the group went rock-climbing, courtesy of Everett, David, and Susanna while more people went on a hike--the Limber Pine Hike....

Nauvoo Pageant!

I have been a negligent blogger this last month.  My reason is that we have been super busy.  At the end of July, we went to the Nauvoo Pageant.  We were able to participate once again in the Gold Cast like we did in 2007 and 2014.  We picked up our daughter at the end of her cross country camp in Price, Utah on our way out of town.  Then we drove to our friends' house in Golden, Colorado near Denver to stay the night.  It was fun to reconnect if only briefly.  The next night we were in Lawrence, Kansas, visiting my brother and sister-in-law and their family.  That was also fun but short.  We left the next morning, attending nearby church before taking off.  We arrived in Nauvoo around 4pm with just enough time to have dinner at our cabin before going to our orientation at the pageant building. The next day we went to the pageant building to get our costumes and to learn how to do our hair in the 1840 styles. ...