Skip to main content

Camille is 9!

Camille turned 9 a few days ago.  She counted down to this day for the whole month.  Hopefully it wasn't a disappointment for her!  I invited over her cousin to play with her for the afternoon and eat dinner with us.  Camille loved playing with her.  I took them to the new Orem park by the library which just opened the week before.  It's a pretty fun park and has equipment for kids of all abilities, including kids in wheelchairs.  The little girl who inspired the park was there zipping around in her wheelchair.







Camille is generally happy most of the time, especially if she is playing with a friend.  Her friends are Sarah, Hudson, and her cousin Mika.  She loves chocolate and ice cream and most desserts.  She also likes burnt toast, soups, and pasta like spaghetti.  She still has her feeding tube because she's not as motivated as her mother is to get rid of it.  She needs to drink more on her own.

Camille got  a dragon pet, pajamas, a new outfit, and a few things to decorate her room.


Camille requested a chocolate three-layer cake with pink frosting and marshmallows.  It was not my best cake.  I think the frosting was too thin and the cake wasn't firm enough so the top layer started sliding off.  It still tasted good though.  She also wanted and got potstickers or gyoza for dinner.

She loves to play imagination games, read comic books, and Geronimo Stilton books.  She's not so fond of math but we work on it for an hour together every morning so that she can get better at it.  She likes to hold my hand when we walk to school together and wants me to walk her to the classroom so she feels less alone.

Her health has been reasonably good although she is fond of telling me that she doesn't feel so good when there's something she doesn't want to do.  She worries about a lot, especially scary things like Halloween decorations.

She is a loving child and we are glad to have her in our family!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Cousin Drew

 This last week, my brother and his wife lost a very precious son, just 13 years old. He collapsed while running with a cross-country team and passed away before he could be revived. Everyone that knew Drew is broken-hearted at this loss. He was the happiest, most agreeable kid we knew. I remember him being at my house without anyone close to his age to hang out with, so he found our Duplo blocks and started building even though it is a toy that boys his age don't usually enjoy. He was so content. He didn't complain that I ever remember. His mother always called him the perfect child. He will leave a big hole in not only his immediate family but our extended family as well.  Here is a poem my aunt shared that seems fitting: Leave Taking How I would have liked to wave goodbye  and watch until you turned and smiled and disappeared on the horizon. You who taught me to dance  and let me teach you,  who laughed at my stories  and winked at me when I was sad. I can  just see you trav

Remembering Drew

 This weekend we celebrated Drew's life. On Thursday night, we gathered as an extended family and had a dinner then sat in a big circle and talked about our memories of him. I took some notes and here is what people said. Grandpa (Gary Hansen):  The last time we saw Drew was last week on the 4th. I remember all the cousins on the trampoline, bouncing up and down and playing basketball. Grandma (Susan Hansen):  I asked Drew to come over last winter to teach my Activity Day boys how to make origami stars. He was very patient in working with them even though they were pretty clueless. Eventually they all went home happily with their stars. Paula: This last winter we invited Bruce and Michelle over for dinner and we didn't have anyone his age for him to hang out with. I remember that Drew found the Duplo blocks on his own and played with them all by himself, quite cheerfully entertaining himself. I asked him if he wanted to play with a different toy--maybe something more sophistica

Drew's Funeral

Yesterday was the viewing for Drew and then today was the funeral. There were a LOT of people at the viewing. Bruce and Michelle greeted people for almost four hours yesterday and then again this morning before the funeral. Bruce said that if weren't for Drew's death, it would be the best week of his life with so much love being shown to them. Friday actually began with a family run in Drew's honor. We started at a church by the new Lindon temple and ran to Bruce and Michelle's house with breakfast following. Friday night was the viewing. There was a very nice display of all things Drew. This was one of the pictures displayed and I recognized someone I know: We stood in line and the paramedics who worked on Drew stood in line behind us so we got to talk to them. Here's a fun fact:  They cover both Orem and Vineyard but Vineyard gets a lot more 911 calls than Orem per capita. It's a younger population and they are quicker to call. They said it's hard when the